Summary of the reading experience

It’s a great book with a strong start and an easy writing style. The contents are practical, well described and in summary, a good read.

It ended a bit suddenly and abruptly though, maybe consider including a final summary or conclusion at the end.

I would also include a summary of how TameFlow differs from Theory of Constraints. Being familiar with most of the concepts in the book I couldn’t figure out what exactly is different except for changing some of the terminology. It would be very helpful to have a summary where the two methods (and maybe Scrum) is compared in a tabular form.

All in all, it was a good read. Thank you for sharing and the opportunity to provide feedback.

2 Likes

Hi Karin

Suggestion accepted… will figure out how to add some soft landing at the end! :smiley: After all the book is only 95% done. Now I can do the remaining 5% that takes 95% of the time!

Also, in this book we are mostly in TOC land.

TameFlow differs from TOC because it does add more emphasis to other aspect - in particular Informational Flow and Psychological Flow: but those are topics of other books. I did start writing about this in the TameFlow Patterns book… but that is still… ehm… Work in Process! Please bear with me, I can only write three books at a time.

Thanks for the suggestion of the comparative table… will see if I can make one. Or would you like to give it a try, and then we compare?

Hey Steve,

It’s intended to be feedback - you don’t have to do anything with it. It’s just that you asked for feedback.

Good luck with the last 5%!
K

1 Like

Hi Karin,

We have put a lot of care on the english writing style. A lot …

I get annoyed when I see typos on books. Especially great content books.

Ciao

And since Jun 21, I can guarantee you Karin that the book will surprise you … A full read would be warranted as we received a lot of valuable inputs from top actors in the field of Lean, Kanban, Agile, TOC and TA …