Campfire Talks with Herbie No. 3 – The TameFlow Approach

Today, May 27, 2020, I held the thrid “Campfire Talks with Herbie” live broadcast.

The show’s guest was Minton Brooks. Here is how he describes himself.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://tameflow.com/blog/2020-05-27/campfire-talks-3/
1 Like

Hello,

I have just joined to community after reading great Tame Your Work Flow book and watching Campfire Talks videos. I have question regarding one of topics covered in this episode. In book and on videos there is always assumption that MOVE is done by at least two teams and they all must complete their work to complete one MOVE. How TameFlow approach will work if one MOVE (or all MOVES which my team is responsible of) is always done by one single team not dependent on any other?

Thanks,
Piotr

Hi @PiotrG

If you have only one team, then there is no major difference except you will not be concerned about finding the Constraint in the Work Flow, which becomes relevant only when you have more than one team.

With one team alone, you will still be interested in using the Constraint in the Work Process for the purpose of limiting Work In Process by DBR Scheduling. You will also be interested in using Ageing Charts to see if any particular Work Item is slowing down. You will use Buffer Fever Charts to see how all the Work Items in the MOVE are doing, and be able to detect if there is any Constraint in the Work Execution.

Hope this helps!

Hi @tendon,

Thanks for reply. This make sense to me.

Regards,
Piotr